Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Big Move!


The good and the bad about the military, is that we have to move somewhere completely new every few years.  Major Foster's three years of service in England has finally come to a close, which means moving time.  We have loved so-oo-oo much about England, that it pains us to leave, but LUCKILY we got stationed at Hill Air Force Base in my homeland, Utah!

So we're beyond happy to be near family and friends now.  Oh, and Target of course.



I dreaded the painfully long flight for awhile now, but we can now check that off the dreaded list.  Other than hauling gazillions of suitcases, sprinting to both our flights, and not sleeping a wink, we made it without a scrape. 

(And Hazel thought the flight rocked: nonstop movies, and airplane food...She didn't even doze off once until the last little stretch.  Milo did pretty well too.)






So this past week, we've been attempting to catch up on sleep, enjoying a little sunshine, seeing a few cousins and friends, and house hunting...ugh.  (And if anyone knows of a fantastic house for rent in Davis County, give me a holler, mkay?)



So many more family and friends to see, things to do, and places to go.  Lets hope Milo decides to sleep for me, so that I can do these things a little less zombie-ish.


It feels good to be home.




3 comments:

J and K said...

so where exactly are you? Where are you going to live? I demand answers!

Camille said...

YAY!!! Welcome to Utah! I don't envy that flight, but I'm glad you all arrived safe and sound. Maybe once things settle down for you we could all meet up! I'm sure you have so many people who want to see you, but it would be so fun! Anyway, welcome!

Marianne said...

I do not envy that flight! Glad you're finally here!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...