Monday, December 17, 2012

A party, and some other stuff


This Foster family enjoys any chance they can get to wear special Christmas sweaters (or jumpers as they would say here in England).  Good thing our ward had a Christmas party so that we could dress for the occasion.

Our contribution to the party was to bring cupcakes, but I don't know how to bake anything fancy.  I do know how to bake healthy/gluten free things though, and if they taste fantastic, it's an extra bonus.  I brought some extra yummy gingerbread muffins, with honey-sweetened cream cheese frosting, to the party, and they were a big hit (thanks to this recipe that I adapted them from).  Hazel must've had a growth spurt because she somehow reached high up on the counter, and helped herself to two before we even left for the party.  I found the sneaky cupcake thief devouring her goods under our kitchen table...









Hazel was completely exhausted and sweaty from her marathon race through the church hallway, but it didn't stop her from singing and chanting for Santa's arrival.  She was fairly serious about the whole event, but she hasn't stop talking about it ever since.



4 comments:

Lanna said...

Wow! The cupcakes are really cute. I've never heard a Santa chant like that before. Hazel was really getting into it.

Marianne said...

Wow Hazel is brave! And freakin' cute. Nice cupcakes!

Greg, Rachelle, Addison, Rodney said...

I'm so glad that you post these events Becky. I would hate to miss out on any of Hazel's events. That little smartie cracks me up!

Anonymous said...

Good heavens your child is adorable! She totally looks like MaryKate and Ashley Olsen when they were on "Full House!" haha!!! And I love that she showed Santa her Minnie Mouse!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...