After our excursion to Dover Castle, we drove the short distance to Walmer Castle (which I've also been to once before). The castle itself isn't necessarily a favorite, but it does feature Duke Wellington's original Wellington Boots, since the Duke lived there for 23 years. That's pretty cool!
The grounds, on the other hand, are my absolutely favorite of all time. It reminds me a little of Alice in Wonderland/Secret Garden, or simply a magical green and flowering place that goes on forever. I spotted the most unique purple flower this time around, and also discovered what a rose hip was(which I at first thought was a cherry tomato of some kind).
After this, we walked down to the coast, soaked in all the beauty, and then made the couple hour drive back home.

p.s. I'd like to give a quick shout out to my stellar husband for always lugging the munchkin around so I can take photos. Love you always.
p.p.s. Another post coming.



No comments:
Post a Comment