We had a few hours on our final day before we needed to head to the airport. Our first stop was to the Capuchian Crypt. In this church there are five chambers that were filled with mosaics made from over 4,000 dead monks! These eery but incredible displays form morbid patterns and details using knucklebones, pelvises, skulls, etc. It was really something! Unfortunately no photos were allowed, but I was able to find one photo online to give you an idea of what we saw.
Following that, we walked through the streets a bit more, and had one more round of pasta and gelato before signing out.
Thank you ever so much Gardner family for watching our Hazelnut so that my love and I could have a get-away before our bundle arrives!
And thank you Rome for exceeding my expectations, and being really amazing!
(Oh, and thank you dear hips of mine, for holding out for me. I was a little worried).










1 comment:
I check you blog every now and again, but need to be better at commenting:) So... you guys are just too cute and congrats on that new little guy on the way! Your adventures in Europe look amazing! I was also checking your blog to look for your recipe blog you do also but couldn't seem to find it?... I needed more gluten free etc tips:)
Post a Comment