This castle was built in the late 12th century by Roger Bigod. It was a stronghold and symbol of power. Mary Tudor gathered her supporters here in 1553 prior to becoming the Queen. At the end of the 16th century it became a prison, and later a poorhouse and a school were built in the grounds.
I've always wanted to see a castle and so today was my lucky day. Unfortunately, I forgot that I was deathly afraid of heights, after I had climbed heaps and heaps of windy stairs. Once at the top you have to circle the whole castle before you can exit at the other side. As cool as this may sound, having my Hazel up there with me in this rickity old castle put me into some major shivers and sweats.
But on a bright note, the castle and scenery were incredible. I also loved the village of Framlingham. So much character and charm. We'll have to go back another time and explore the ground level a little more.

6 comments:
fun!
Wow, a real castle! What did little adorable find in the grass? Did you get to indulge on one of those tasty looking chocolates?
shivers and sweats?...oh man. I wish I could go to the top of a castle. It would be worth the shivers and sweat :)
This looks like such a magical day! And I must say you are quite a talented picture-jumper
(oh PS. that wallpaper in my last post is from London. Next time you are in the city you should just pick some up for yourself!) :)
I love your jumping pic. I also love the pic of Johnny and Hazel's feet. So precious.
becky, you freakin' babe. :) i'm so jealous of all your fun little adventures in england! that castle looks A-MAZING! what an experience. i'm so intrigued by royal english history. hazel is just as adorable as ever with her little baby legs. keep posting the pics! i love them!
Post a Comment