Saturday, August 20, 2011

Welcome to Wrest Park

Saturday is always our day to explore.  This week we decided to go to the stunning Wrest Park in Bedfordshire.  

It was home to the de Gray family from the 13th century until the early 20th century.  In this exhibition, you can discover how different generations left there mark on the landscape, and discover what happened to the Wrest after the family left in 1917.

It was a really nice day.


























































(I pulled this last pic from the internet.  Pretty cool)

oh, and p.s. Our goods have made it, and so we will be able to move into our place on Wednesday.  YAY!

7 comments:

Braydon and Ashlee said...

That looks so awesome! I love reading your posts :)

Brinn said...

beautiful!! I wonder if they have used the grounds for any masterpiece theater... looked a bit familiar. And Hooray for your stuff arriving!!!!!!!!!!!!! So So happy for you!!!

Kimberli said...

I love following your English adventures! The pics are beautiful and the food looks fabulous!

Lanna said...

So what happened to the Wrest family when they left in 1917? Love the picture of Johnny and Hazel playing in the rocks.

Marianne said...

Great photos! Looks like so much fun!

The Atwood's said...

So pretty!! You don't know how jealous I am that the packaging on your food is in english!!! Oh, how I long to be able to read what I am eating! Hazel is so stinking cute. I laugh that Johnny changed her bum on the sacred ground! Whatcha gonna do I guess? :) Looks fun.

Alaine said...

I'd love to see what's in that library! What beautiful pics. Love the old couple cruising...

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...