Saturday, July 30, 2011

A not so foggy day in London town




























Today we woke up and decided, why not venture to London? We drove the 45 minutes to the Epping train station, and then got off at Westminister about another 45 minutes later. I was a happy tourist because it was my first time seeing this place. It was a rather toasty day in London, and so heat+smoke+construction+sewage smells+crowds dampened the outing, but our picnic in front of Buckingham Palace just about made my day. Hazel was a trooper. She again had perma-shock face when we went to Hamley's. Next time I want a ticket to go see my friend Kate's wedding dress on display.

11 comments:

Diane said...

Becky - Konrad and I are so green with envy. London is our most favorite place ever! I am so happy to live through your blog. Good pics. Such a great adventure for your family.

Bj said...

Wow, looks like you guys are having some fun adventures! I hope you get settled in quick and that you love it there!

mj said...

It looks like you had a fun day in London town. I wish I could visit you today.

Your treats look yum.

hannah said...

Hey Becky! I know I don't comment that much but I have been following your blog and I love reading about your adventures! I love all of your pics. I can't even imagine how cool it was to have a picnic at Buckingham Palace! I hope you guys get settled there soon and I look forward to more posts!

Greg, Rachelle, Addison, Rodney said...

I just realized that you posted all of these pictures of England. It is so fun to see where you're at. It looks amazing! So glad that you guys are doing good. The pictures really make me want to come visit. I better start saving! Miss you guys!

Brianna said...

Love it all! That Hazel is just adorable!!! She fits right in! :D

Marianne said...

JEALOUS!!! And I'm so proud of you! You're being so adventurous!

Lanna said...

This was too fun. Seeing Becky in the red phone booth made me chuckle. Thanks for sharing your day in London with us.

Alaine said...

Grape and Elderflower?! Love it! I also love Hazel's "Hamley" face:) So fun!

The Olsons said...

Looks like it's going to be ruff over there . . . haha! How fun for you guys to have an adventure like this in your life. I was always sure we were going to move around a bit - but it may never happen after all - fun for you guys!

Meg said...

Oh my gosh! So jealous!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...