Friday, October 28, 2011

Probably my favorite thing about England


I was delighted when Rachel and Gavin invited Hazel and me to the Peacocks Tearoom in Ely (pronounced eelee). I absolutely love tearooms, and this one was adorable and especially delicious. Plus it is located in a beautiful little village overlooking the River Great Ouse.  It also has a massive and stunning cathedral there that was neat to see.






My lunch consisted of 4 flavorful little finger sandwiches, 2 warm scones with heavenly clotted cream and apricot preserves, a slice of oh so yummy carrot cake, and some how is this so good peppermint tea to top it all off.  Don't worry I finished it all, and enjoyed every second of it!




And yes, I am trying to entice you to come visit me.

9 comments:

Marianne said...

Fun! Yummy! And I want to get a better look at those high chairs.

Unknown said...

Thanks for going with us--it was a fabulous rainy-afternoon activity! Did you notice that by the time we left they had crossed out the sweet potato and orange soup from the specials board? I guess others thought it sounded better than we did. :)

Jed and Stacey said...

How fun!! Love all the pictures!

mj said...

That lunch looks so yummy. And those tea-cups are so pretty. You didn't even have to tempt me to come visit, but you're right. Your blog-posts are making me increasingly more needy to get out there.

kaiya anderson said...

So fun!! The food looks heavenly!! What a fun place to be stationed. I can't believe how big Hazel is getting. So cute!!

Brinn said...

i'm packing my bags.

Lanna said...

I will have to go to the Peacock tearoom. Those are some of my favorite foods.

Greg, Rachelle, Addison, Rodney said...

How fun to go to tea! I love the tiny food and pretty tea set. Maybe Addison will have a tea party with me:)

The Atwood's said...

Oh my heck!!!! So jealous! Tea rooms are MY FAVORITE!!! I'm almost in tears I want to go to one so bad! I'm coming to visit for sure.

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...